Sampling of populations : methods and applications / Paul S. Levy, Stanley Lemeshow.
By: Levy, Paul S.
Contributor(s): Lemeshow, Stanley.Material type: TextSeries: Wiley series in survey methodology. Publisher: Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2008Edition: 4th ed.Description: xxxi, 576 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.ISBN: 9780470040072 (cloth); 0470040076 (cloth).Subject(s): Population -- Statistical methods | Sampling (Statistics)DDC classification: 519.5574 Online resources: Table of contents only | Publisher description | WorldCat details | E-Book Fulltext
|Item type||Current location||Collection||Call number||Copy number||Status||Date due||Barcode||Item holds|
|E-Book||EWU Library E-book||Non-fiction||519.5574 LES 2008 (Browse shelf)||Not for loan|
|Text||EWU Library Reserve Section||Non-fiction||519.5574 LES 2008 (Browse shelf)||C-1||Not For Loan||22468|
|Text||EWU Library Circulation Section||Non-fiction||519.5574 LES 2008 (Browse shelf)||C-2||Available||26678|
|Text||EWU Library Circulation Section||Non-fiction||519.5574 LES 2008 (Browse shelf)||C-3||Available||26757|
|Text||EWU Library Circulation Section||Non-fiction||519.5574 LES 2008 (Browse shelf)||C-4||Available||26758|
|Text||EWU Library Circulation Section||Non-fiction||519.5574 LES 2008 (Browse shelf)||C-5||Available||26759|
Levy, Paul S.
Sampling of populations.
Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2008
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Part 1. Basic concepts --
1. Use of sample surveys --
2. The population and the sample --
Part 2. Major sampling designs and estimation procedures --
3. Simple random sampling --
4. systematic sampling --
5. stratification and stratified random sampling --
6. Stratified random sampling: further issues --
7. Ratio estimation --
8. Cluster sampling: introduction and overview --
9. Simple one-stage cluster sampling --
10. Two-stage cluster sampling; clusters sampled with equal probability --
11. Cluster sampling in which clusters are sampled with unequal probability: probability proportional to size sampling --
12. Variance estimation in complex sample surveys --
Part 3. Selected topics in sample survey methodology --
13. Nonresponse and missing data in sample surveys --
14. Selected topics in sample design and estimation methodology --
15. Telephone survey sampling --
16. Constructing the survey weights --
17. Strategies for design-based analysis of a sample survey data --
Answers to selected exercises --
Index. Table of contents
This book is an all-inclusive resource on the basic and most current practices in population sampling. Find the essential statistical methods for survey design and analysis, while also exploring techniques that have developed over the past decade. Understand the basic concepts and procedures that accompany real-world sample surveys, such as sampling designs, problems of missing data, statistical analysis of multistage sampling data, and nonresponse and poststratification adjustment procedures through illustrative examples that demonstrate the rationale behind common steps in the sampling process.
Population, Reproductive Health, Gender and Development